10 Health and Beauty Benefits of Cucumber
Although mistaken for a vegetable, cucumber is a fruit that is high in beneficial nutrients, as well as certain plant compounds and antioxidants that may help treat and even prevent some conditions.
1. Cucumbers are low in calories and contain good amount of water and soluble fibre, making them ideal for promoting hydration and helping you meet your daily fluid needed.
2. A raw cucumber contains 95% water and the whole of it is just 16 calories which may aid in weight loss.
3. Cucumber contains Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6, folic acid, Vit C, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and zinc.
4. Cucumber can be used to eliminate bad breath. The phytochemicals help in killing the bacteria that are responsible for causing bad breath.
5. The outside waxy coating of the cucumber can be used as a facial cleanser for a beautiful and bright looking skin.
6. Cucumber can be used as a replacement for sugar-loaded energy drinks with its great source of Vit B and carbohydrates.
7. Cucumber contains antioxidants that prevent the accumulation of harmful free radicals and may reduce the risk of chronic disease.
8. Cucumber helps in reducing hair breakage and stimulate growth.
9. Cucumber is a good soothing formula for the skin as it helps in reducing puffiness, redness and helps combat signs of ageing.
10. Cucumbers can help improve blood flow.
Eating cucumber can never be overstressed due to its incredibly refreshing, nutritious and versatile addition to any diet.